Hi and welcome to my blog ‘Scrummmy Friday’s’.
This week, I had the pleasure of being entertained at a very good friend’s house and naturally I brought cake to the occasion.
My friend really likes peanut butter and chocolate combination. This inspired me to make peanut butter & chocolate muffins.
Using a classic Marry Berry recipe, The American muffin, I made a few changes to create these gorgeously tasting muffins.
This recipe makes between 9 – 12 muffins, depending on how big your muffin tin & cases are.
1 tsp baking powder
115g peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
75g caster sugar
25g dark chocolate chips
3 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C and line your muffin tray with large muffin cases
- In a large bowl, sieve flour and baking powder then add the peanut butter and rub into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add sugar and chocolate chips
- In a jug measure milk then add to that the eggs and vanilla and whisk together
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mixed well. The mixture should have a lump consistency and be runny.
- Spoon into cases filling then quite full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and firm to touch.
- Leave in to muffin tray to cool slightly before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely or eat them when they still slightly warm – delicious and yummmy scrummmy!
With these muffins, I decorated with solid milk chocolate hearts. I placed the hearts on the moment they came out of the oven so they melts slightly to help the hearts stick.
Happy Valentine’s Day