Hi and welcome to my blog, Scrummmy Friday’s. I hope you have all had a fabulous half term week and have experimented with some great recipes. If not here is one for you to try. This recipe is great for kids to help with as it involves crushing biscuits with a rolling pin and scattering smarties and marshmallows!
250g milk chocolate
125g unsalted butter
250g caster sugar
300g plain flour
And you favourite packet of biscuits
Here’s what to do
- Pre heat oven to 160C, grease and line a 10 inch square tin.
- Using a heat proof bowl melt the chocolate and butter together over a simmering pan of water.
- Add sugar and mix well
- Add eggs and beat thoroughly
- Sift flour in a separate bowl, then add to wet ingredients and mix well
- Take 3/4 of your chosen biscuits and put them in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Fold the crushed biscuits into the mixture
- Spoon mixture into the tin
- Crush lightly the remained biscuits and scatter on top of the mixture and lightly press down and top with smarties and marshmallows.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until slightly firm in the middle of the bake
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely and cutting up into squares
Perfect with a mug of tea!