Hi and welcome to my blog ‘Scrummmy Friday’s’
I hope you have all has an amazing week trying out some great recipes.
This week is my all time favourite, chocolate cornflakes nests/cakes.
It brings back memories of of when I was a kid making these. The best part was licking the bowl and spoon afterwards.
It is now my turn to show my little one how to make these. We all know these are so simple and easy to make so let’s get started!
125g chocolate (either milk or dark. I used dark chocolate)
50g unsalted butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
Mini chocolate eggs (to decorate)
- Break up the chocolate into small chunks and place in a heat proof bowl
- The Grown up’s part – over a simmering saucepan of water, melt the chocolate and butter together with the golden syrup, until well combined.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly
- In a separate bowl, weigh out the cornflakes.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cornflakes and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Using your hands or 2 desert spoons, scoop out mixture and put them into cupcake cases in a cupcake tray or baking tray.
- This is optional Using your finger, make a small hole to make a nest for the mini chocolate eggs.
- Allow to cool and set in the fridge before eating, if you and the kids can wait that long…