Hi and welcome to my blog ‘Scrummmy Friday’s’
I hope you have all has an amazing week trying out some great recipes.
This week is my all time favourite, chocolate cornflakes nests/cakes.
It brings back memories of of when I was a kid making these. The best part was licking the bowl and spoon afterwards.
It is now my turn to show my little one how to make these. We all know these are so simple and easy to make so let’s get started!
125g chocolate (either milk or dark. I used dark chocolate)
50g unsalted butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
Mini chocolate eggs (to decorate)
- Break up the chocolate into small chunks and place in a heat proof bowl
- The Grown up’s part – over a simmering saucepan of water, melt the chocolate and butter together with the golden syrup, until well combined.
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly
- In a separate bowl, weigh out the cornflakes.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cornflakes and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Using your hands or 2 desert spoons, scoop out mixture and put them into cupcake cases in a cupcake tray or baking tray.
- This is optional Using your finger, make a small hole to make a nest for the mini chocolate eggs.
- Allow to cool and set in the fridge before eating, if you and the kids can wait that long…
It’s week 3 of Scrummmy Friday’s and I have the world’s easiest NO BAKE recipe that I know everyone loves.
I have fond memories of making these, as a young girl (many moons ago), in my mum’s kitchen. I hope with this recipe, I can inspire fresh new hopefuls to become great cake markers!
So here is it, this week, I present… Marshmallow Rice Krispies Bites
2 desert spoons
25g Unsalted Butter
100g Rice Krispies
200g White Chocolate
Handful or 2 of mini marshmallows
- 1- Melt butter in saucepan over a low heat
- 2- Add marshmallows to the saucepan of melted butter and melt them too.
- 3- Remove from heat and add Rice Kripsies to the saucepan (Trust me, this works better than adding then to the bowl!) Mix well ‘til Rice Kripsies are well coated.
- 4- Line tin with baking paper. Put mixture into tin and press down. Now use a clean desert spoon, wetted with cold water, and smooth over the top to level.
- 5- Melt chocolate in the microwave. 30 sec at a time, on high power until chocolate is melted.
- 6- Pour on top of Rice Kripsies and level out
- 7- Scatter a handful or 2 of mini marshmallows on top
- 8- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- 9- Remove from fridge and cut into desired size squares. (I made 16 bite size squares)
You can be as creative as you want. Maybe use milk chocolate instead of white. Maybe add a different topping, maybe your favourite biscuit or chocolate sweets?
Please remember, I would love to see your creations, please post me a comment either on Facebook or on Twitter, of your delicious and yummmy treats.
Welcome to Emmm’s Cakes second week of Scrummmy Friday’s.
This is my new blog, where I share quick and easy recipes for you and your family to try at home over the weekend.
I would also love to see all your yummmy treats you have baked or not baked, from no bake recipes. So please do leave a comment and share your creations!
This Scrummmy Friday’s recipe is a NO BAKE, Simply no baking involved!
The classic CHOCOLATE TIFFIN
Tools needed for this are –
10” x 10” tin (I use a spring form tin)
110g Unsalted Butter
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
200g Digestive Biscuits
A Handful of Raisins
200g Milk Chocolate
1- in the saucepan, melt butter, sugar, golden syrup and cocoa over a low
heat. Mean while crush the biscuits into bite size chunks.
2- once all melted and well combined, add crushed biscuits and raisin and mix well.
3- pour mixture into a lined tin and press down firmly.
4- melt chocolate in the microwave. (High for 30sec at a time, until all melted) and pour over the biscuit mixture.
5- set in fridge for about 1 hour or over night.
6- remove from the fridge and leave at room temp before cutting.
To add an extra dose of yummminess, add a layer of caramel between the biscuit and chocolate topping.
These are just heaven! Thanks to friends on Facebook & to Tastemade for sharing this recipe, I decided to have a go. Whats more they are NO BAKE!.
Just a few simple ingredients –
200g Semi-sweet or dark chocolate
50g Unsalted butter
A jar of smooth peanut butter
Lightly grease & line a 8″x8″ square tin
Blitz digestives in a food processor until they are fine crumbs.
Melt the unsalted butter in a pan over a low heat.
Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter & the melted unsalted butter to the digestives & blitz until mixture holds together.
Put the digestive mixture into the tin & press down firmly & level.
Melt chocolate & 2 tbsp of peanut butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
Mean while, in another pan add 2 tbsp of peanut butter & melt over a low heat until smooth.
Once chocolate is melted, pour over the digestives, smooth & level out.
Dollop the melted peanut butter on top of chocolate & with the tip of a knife or teaspoon, swirl the peanut butter & chocolate round, creating a pattern. Set in the fridge for 2 hour or overnight. Once set leave out at room temp to allow the chocolate to soften slightly (or it will crack when cutting up) and cut into squares.