Hi cake fans! It’s another Scrummmy Friday and this week I have a real treat!
It has been so cold outside and when it’s cold, I don’t really think about eating all too healthily (Bang… There goes my New Year’s resolution!)
This week my daughter and I decided to make cookies to go with our hot chocolate!
These are our favourite type of cookies! They are really great and very easy to make. There is no chilling involved with these cookies either!
So let’s get baking…!
200g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
Pinch of salt
125g unsalted butter at room temp
105g light brown sugar
6 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla ext
3 small tubes of smarties
I find it is easier to mix by hand with a wooden spoon rather than a food mixer.
- Combine butter (that is softened) and both sugars in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend until well incorporated.
- Add one tube of smarties to the mixture and fold in.
- Preheat oven to 160C (for fan oven) and line baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Using two teaspoons, scoop out a small about of dough and round it by scrapping from spoon to spoon.
- Place dough on the tray but allow enough space between them as they do spread out whilst baking.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 mins or until golden round the edges.
- Then remove from oven and put a few smarties on top for decoration.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. But they are at their best when they are still a warm. Yummm!
Enjoy with your chosen hot drink, like us!